5.05.2015

100 Days of Design - Day 9

Today's design is a journalism/content site formatted for iPad viewing in vertical mode. It's a tribute to my favorite journalism site - but I only was inspired by their vision and widescreen web approach. I didn't try to match their layout or design exactly. Instead, I tried to distill the principles that made it work and use those in my own design. You know what they say, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.


Also, some of you may have noticed that I haven't been posting everyday as part of my 100 Days of Design. As I was rushing to put the last design out, I ended up spending several hours on it just to get it to a point I thought was presentable. So, I decided I could either reduce the amount of time spent on each design - presenting barely flushed out wireframes, or I could take the time I wanted over multiple days to make the high fidelity mock-ups I wanted to in order to better learn the craft. I chose the second, and so it took me a few days, working an hour or two a day, to get this one polished. This time will vary for each design, but the principle remains the same. I will be spending a couple hours a day designing different interfaces to practice and prepare.

Hope you enjoy, and you can leave feedback in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment